Recognizing the relationship between health and academics.
Contributing to a
Douglas County School Health Services recognizes the connection between optimal health and learning. We support educational achievement by providing safe, effective health services.
To create, review, and update school system policy related to school health.
To promote safe and appropriate provision of school health services through training and evaluation of all those providing services.
To act as a liaison between schools, parent/guardians, and health care providers.
To increase school attendance through identification of students with chronic and acute health conditions and improved health maintenance.
To increase awareness and practice of universal precautions and the importance of handwashing in the school setting.
To assist and advise schools regarding issues concerning immunizations.
To promote staff and student wellness through health education.
- Coordinates health services.
- Provides annual training to school health monitors and their designated substitutes on the provision of appropriate school health services.
- Conducts school visits to evaluate the provision of health services including health records review and recommending needed changes.
- Coordinates mass screening for hearing, vision, scoliosis, and dental (when needed).
- Provides health referrals to appropriate resources.
- Collects and organizes clinic health services data along with individual health services coordinator monthly reports.
- Serves as a health resource to school community.
- Provides health plans for individual students as needed.